Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday June 14th - Play Day!

This morning after mysore class I picked up a loaf of fresh ciabatta and a hazelnut soy latte... and forgot to take my photo of it ;)





1:42pm
Tuesday Mysore class is finished and tomorrow is the full moon... woohoo, I’m ready for a break! I plan to pack a picnic and take it up to one of my favorite beaches, but find I’m missing most of the ingredients I wanted to cook at home, so it’s Harvest Market organic salad bar that ends up coming to the beach with me. No problem! Raw kale and cabbage salad, tempeh veganaise salad, peas, carrots, beets, hummus and cucumber slices.



4pm
After an idyllic afternoon at Tunnels Beach, I crack open a fresh coconut and then head to the Tuesday at 2 Farmers Market in Hanalei for a few fresh treats. Then it’s back to Harvest Market again to meet some friends and enjoy an organic smoothie: acai strawberry banana rice milk, mmmm mmmmmm :) A few hours of conversation and a can of coconut water later, the sun has set and the giant full moon lights my way home... 



10:08pm
I’m really feeling this moon and my own moon cycle too: wide awake way past my bedtime, talking rapidly and incessantly, and making a laaaaaate night quesadilla snack: tempeh cubes, daiya pepperjack, organic pineapple salsa and cilantro in a spinach whole wheat tortilla grilled with a little Earth Balance and sea salt. Good thing there’s no practice tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment