Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday June 12th: Seed Exchange and Sara's Party


8:14am
Lazy Sunday morning tea. Now it's time for practice!



11:18am
Organic barley miso with wakame.



1:59pm
Aloe pulp, aloe juice, wheatgrass, and a little too much cane sugar. It's delicious though! I have aloe plants in the garden... Maybe will try to make my own, fresher and less sweet :)



3:07pm
The last of my aloe juice drink gets some Hawaiian spirulina mixed in... And I'm off to my first Local Organic Seed Exchange event!



The GMO situation here is pretty distressing. How can this be happening on an island with so many conscious people? It's quite a contrast between the GMO growers and all the local organic farmers on Kauai and so many of us growing our own food.



No GMOs Please!!!



4:32pm
Smoothie bar is closed on my way home so I get a kombucha instead. Super-green is my new favorite flavor! I want to start brewing my own kombucha at home... Have any of you brewed it yourselves?



5:31pm
Heading to friend and student Sara Wall's potluck birthday party tonight. I make a raw kale and (cooked) purple sweet potato salad: kale, sweet potatoes, bean & lentil sprouts, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, tamari, fresh lime juice, Hawaiian black sea salt, red pepper flakes, cayenne, and seaweed gomasio. I enjoy some at the party along with a few other delicious vegan dishes: tofu veggie scramble, curried veggies and forbidden rice with coconut, and chickpea curry. I also get to meet Bill Kreutzmann of the Grateful Dead, pretty cool! Sara is a superfun lady and a gifted photographer; check out her work (including amazing underwater photography!) at sarawallphotography.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment