Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 19th


7am
Took a lovely quiet walk around the land this morning and received some gifts from mother nature... loads of surinam cherries are red ripe and falling off the tree! They're juicy, delicious and loaded with healthy vitamin C.



7:35am
My lazy Sunday morning cup of french pressed locally grown coffee before practice. I enjoy it with some vanilla soymilk and coconut palm sugar.




12:46pm
A cute little organic plum. No, I don't think plums grow here on Kauai, but my partner brought home a few the other day. I can't recall the last time I had a plum (don't really like them) so I figure I'll have one for the sake of whatever vitamins they have... Crunch, slurp, pucker... Yep, I still don't really like them. Lucky for me, I live on a lush tropical island with an abundance of fresh, juicy fruits I love!!!




12:49pm
Super sweet and juicy jamaican lilikoi, my new favorite fruit! Awwwwww yeah :-)))))



12:54pm
Papayyyyaaaaaaaaaaa... (I can hear the Indian fruitwallas singing their offerings in my head) ...Pineapple, pineapple, papayyyyaaaaaaaaa! Awwww, papayas always make me miss Mysore.



1:11pm
Maca is an adaptogen; it helps the body adapt to stress and changes more easily and nourishes the endocrine system too.




1:23pm
Tropical smoothie heaven: fresh local organic papaya, pineapple, lilikoi (passion fruit), lime, surinam cherries, coconut meat, frozen banana and some raw organic maca powder, the only non-local ingredient. So beautiful!



1:40pm
Another gorgeous bowlful of compost... Is everyone so in love with their food scraps?!?



4:04pm
A little cold leftover pasta from last night with nutritional yeast.

No comments:

Post a Comment