Monday, February 7, 2011

Indian Food is Bliss

Dinner (2/7/11 3:49 PM)
The island supply of organic split mung daal has finally been replenished (all the health stores have been out of stock since i got here in October!) so I spend the afternoon happily putting together a big beautiful pot of yellow daal and serve it over organic short grain brown rice. Indian food gets me feeling high and superblissed these days... The smells and tastes take me right back to my time of calling Mysore home and the freedom, joy and love I felt inside and all around me in that magical place.

Just to use up some stuff in the house, I also roasted beets with coconut... And made some fresh local organic swiss chard sauteed and steamed with organic extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and local organic garlic, lemon from my yard, and hot sauce made by a friend... Soooooooooo good! I love eating my greens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment