Tuesday, March 15, 2011

tsunami morning!


This morning I wake and see 29 missed calls on my iPhone. "OH NO!" I exclaim, worried and fearful of what I will hear when I call back my parents' number... then my partner tells me, "Oh, it's okay, there's a tsunami warning." WHAT!?! I call to reassure my parents that I am ok and try to estimate how far above sea level I live... I'm pretty high up. When I get out of bed I check out all the news info on the internet: beaches evacuated, people stocking up on food, water and gas last night, etc. Wow! And I had no idea.

The ocean sounds LOUD but it looks like we're not going to get washed away so it's time to send out some gratitude for safety here on Kauai and prayers for Japan, then get on the mat for practice and head to Pineapple Yoga to teach.

I drink my chai and enjoy the beautiful morning sunlight streaming into the shala as mysore class is about to begin. The students are few and slow rolling in today... part of the main road here on island is closed from the tsunami evacuations so some students can't get through and I'm sure many others are home watching the news or checking in with their loved ones...

So grateful that we are all ok, hoping for the best for Japan and others...

(3/11/11 7:45 AM)

No comments:

Post a Comment