Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Grilled sammie and fries.


Surviving this morning's tsunami scare deserves a special lunch!

The sandwich is a sunshine patty with veganaise garlic aioli, lettuce, tomato and cucumber on grilled Hawaiian sourdough.

The fries were inspired by a recipe I came across somewhere that called for boiling thinly sliced potatoes in white vinegar then grilling them. I've always loved my fries brit-style with salt and vinegar (malt vinegar, actually) so this idea to cook the potatoes in vinegar instead of putting it on top stuck with me...

Today I just cut the potatoes into thick french fries, boiled them in a mixture of white wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar since that’s what I had on hand, then “fried” them in a pan with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Oh, and I made a garlic aioli for dipping.

Yum!!!

Lunch (3/11/11 12:36 PM)

No comments:

Post a Comment