Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21st Saturday


6AM
Last night: A just-before-bedtime vegan cookie @ Steve & Meryln's, after a cup of sugary chai earlier in the evening. This morning: I wake feeling low blood sugar. Boooooooo! But the good news is, I forget all about it once I see this view from the guest bedroom!


7:05AM
Rainforest treasure tea in a soup bowl. (What?!? I dunno.)


7:11AM
Merlyn prepared a breakfast treat for Eagle and I before class: supergreen smoothie with kale, turmeric, and lots of other healthy, delicious stuff. Thank you!!!


11:29AM
After morning Mysore class I head home, where there's still no water. I make a simple kale and potato salad: raw kale (torn and well massaged with a little extra virgin olive oil), boiled red potatoes, a little tamari, squeeze of fresh lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper, dash of cayenne, hemp seeds and sesame seeds.


12:19PM
Iced Tulsi Tea. Refreshing!


2:04PM
Hot ginger lemon water... And then a nap :)


4:41PM
I wake from my nap feeling a little low blood sugar-ish again, and wonder if it's really low blood sugar or maybe I've been eating too much raw food and it's getting me ungrounded? So I munch on a few of these chips E brought home before I realize that dry, crunchy chips aren't really going to help that situation either way...


4:46PM
A little black tea with mate and a splash of vanilla soymilk.


5:54PM
On my way to dinner and a movie... This is a little red wine to go! I feel like a kid sneaking something I'm not supposed to have. It's kinda fun ;)


6:15PM
Verde vegan burrito filled with potatoes, green beans, spinach and lots of broccoli. It has a little salsa and some kind of avocado sauce. Tastes extra fresh and good today. Yum!!!

1 comment:

  1. hey shelly, just wanna say hello and hope all is well! i am looking forward to your next blog and love to see what's new! cheers!

    ReplyDelete