Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday May 20th


10:25AM
Raw organic mac nuts for breakfast. The water at the yurt has been shut off since yesterday afternoon, so we had to sleep at our landlords' house last night. This was actually very nice as their house is beautiful and I got to soak in a giant bathtub, yay! But now I'm back home after a morning of teaching, and there's still no water and not much to eat :(


1:48PM
A smoothie while I run errands with a girlfriend this afternoon: coconut milk, chai spices, protein powder and rice milk.


5:49PM
I still don't have running water but I'm hoping I can cook at home anyway if I keep it simple. I make boiled potatoes with sautéed onions and tamari tempeh. Sea salt, black pepper, a little extra virgin olive oil and lots of fresh basil. Simple. And good!!! (Although I realize later that I can't wash the dishes and have to put them all in the refrigerator to keep away the ants. Oops!)


We're dogsitting today... and who could resist this sweet face begging for some tempeh and potatoes? Oh Bella, I love you.





7PM
I make a caffeine-free chai with raw sugar and soymilk for dessert.



8:20PM
We get to our landlord's house again tonight and find there's a little party going on! I eat one vegan cookie. It's kinda shortbread-ish with chocolate chips. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment